Download Our Latest Case Study
A popular online travel portal from India, looking for a technological solution for hotels price matching.
Challenge: Hotel Price Matching Across PortalsThe client wanted to build an internal system for hotels price matching using the pricing data extracted from their competitors. Since the target websites had complex and dynamic coding elements and hundreds of thousands of hotel listings, the scraping hotels data demanded an extensive infrastructure and high-end resources.
The client didn’t have the technical know-how to go about this and wanted a fully-managed service that can take end-to-end ownership of the data mining process. Another key requirement was that the data must be extracted at a frequency as high as twice a day, which again is resource-intensive.
Benefits of Scraping Hotels Data
- The client got easy and straightforward access to about 1 million price points daily from their industry
- Since our system sent out notifications on new data extracted, the client had the flexibility of importing new files into their system only when new data was available
- Productivity increased since the data team could work on other projects. The client expanded into other verticals
- Low turnaround time of data improved the ability to market client’s services and capabilities
- Value addition from the project was 50 times the spend
- Data quality levels had increased alarmingly without any time investment from the team
- A cost savings of about 37% was achieved by the client by not having to set up an in-house crawling team