Enriching Product Catalogues with Web Crawling
Garett Brady works for an up and coming fashion e-retail site that is slowly taking over New York and Manhattan for their online fashion needs. Among all the e-retail fashion sites he had seen, the unique point that piqued him to join the company ultimately was that unlike most other fashion e-karts, this one had its goods categorized according to each body type rather than one size that should fit all. Although a great feature for users, this surfaced a challenge for Garett to discover a variety of fashion products ranging from dresses to boots and accessories that would look best on a particular body type. Also, given the fact that they were a growing company, they were always on a lookout for new and unique designs which they could customize or recommend. Thus Garett decided to take PromptCloud’s aid to leverage discover new styles and designs by acquiring data from other websites and help enrich his product catalogs.
How did PromptCloud Help?
- PromptCloud helped crawl data from other ecommerce websites to enrich the client’s catalog
- We implemented adaptive and incremental crawls to minimize the client’s project cost without compromising on data quality
- The extracted data was further processed according to the client’s’ instructions and the schema discussed, so it was easy to absorb data at client end
Benefits to the client
- Wide variety of latest fashion designs along with descriptions to choose from
- Any site changes within the source were taken care of and client was provided with clean, structured data
- The client was abstracted from any technical issues at the source
- The return of the project was 40 times the spend
- It was easy to add more sources in the existing project
Thus we helped Garett enrich his product catalogs with latest fashion trends that he could identify for different body types by running their algorithm on the data provided by PromptCloud.
Looking to outsource you crawling and data extraction requirements? Reach out to us at email@example.com or just Get Started