Here are the salient points of our API
- It is an easy to use REST-based API documentation that uses HTTP basic AUTH for authentication.
- All data gets uploaded to your specific project location on the API documentation. A typical link would look like following – https://api.promptcloud.com/v2/data/info?id=demo&client_auth_key=hR6-MaPUHo_1Gse8QBJDx8gp_v7gadWdT-r-7p9yO8zY
- Project ID is supplied at the beginning of any project
- It has provision to only give you files after a particular timestamp, when you have already downloaded data up to a certain point
- For more details, visit API FAQs.
We also have a Ruby gem for programmable access to our API https://rubygems.org/gems/promptcloud_data_api
If your project id is “demo”, your API location is https://api.promptcloud.com/data/info?id=demo Once the data upload starts, we’ll intimate you regarding the same. You use the following command to fetch the data
- GET https://api.promptcloud.com/data/info?id=demo– this by default lists files uploaded in the last 2 days.
- “You could use the following parameters too with the API documentation link to return filtered files”
- from_date (YYYYMMDD)
- to_date (YYYYMMDD)
- cat (prefix of the site name)
The above commands give back list of XML data files in the result. To access each of those files you need to pass user name and password which has been separately supplied.
One of the following methods can be used to provide authentication and download files in a single step:
- wget –user –password URL
- Or using curl –user name:password URL
- if you use ruby then following is a very popular library that you can use: https://github.com/typhoeus/typhoeus