Last Updated on by
Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to be on top of mind and we’ve been actively monitoring updates from the government and the fraternity to help us manage through this rapidly evolving situation.
Based on the most recent stats on the exploding number of cases and travel guidance issued by the Govt of Health Ministry, we recommend that all employees who can work from home, do so starting from 13th March 2020 until 27th March 2020. This guideline applies to full-time employees and interns who can perform their work duties remotely. Please be mindful of where you work to minimize the risk of exposure for yourself and others.
We intend to keep our employees safe and healthy, and containing the disease to our best extent while staying productive towards our mission and goals. To ensure that our employees and managers have the support they need for working remotely, we’ve created Remote Work Best Practices. The HR team will be sharing these best practices on Mattermost. Please be on the lookout for the same.
All non-essential travel, including conferences, should be canceled or postponed at this time unless approved by HR.
Please postpone any planned team event (lunch/dinner), until further notice.
We will be pausing catered lunches until work from home is in effect.
Please carry your laptops and other work-related equipment home.
All on-site interviews have already been transitioned to Zoom interviews. If you have any questions, please reach out to your recruiter.
HR will notify new hires with an upcoming start date about the COVID-19 update and work from home guidelines. Hiring managers should reach out to new hires ahead of their start date to discuss plans for onboarding and any changes impacted by remote work.
For those who must come into the office due to lack of internet or other resources to perform your duties, we expect that having fewer people in the office will meaningfully reduce the risk of exposure and spread of viruses within our office. We will also take steps to limit contact for those in the office including limiting in-person meetings, reminding employees to maintain a safe distance (6 ft.) from one another, and encouraging people who don’t need to be in the office to stay home.
If you are sick or have any of the main symptoms associated with COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath), you are required to stay home until fully recovered and without symptoms for at least 24 hours. Besides, the following groups are being advised by health authorities to avoid interaction in large groups or public settings and should work from home:
- Older adults, over 60 (even though none of us fall into this category)
- People with underlying health conditions (heart disease, diabetes, etc.)
- People who have a compromised immune system
- Pregnant women
Since we do not have clarity on how long this guidance will be in place, we will evaluate the situation on an ongoing basis and provide regular updates as we receive additional information. We will decide on if to continue this arrangement of working from home past the aforementioned date. We truly wish that each of us puts in his/her best so that we perform better than what we otherwise do while in office. It will also be a validation of adding work from home policy in the future.
As A Reminder, The WHO Recommends Everyday Preventive Actions To Help Prevent The Spread Of Respiratory Viruses:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Discard tissue immediately into a closed bin.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We recognize that this is an unprecedented and unique situation and appreciate your flexibility and support. We will continue to keep a close pulse on what’s happening and provide updates regularly.
The situation will be assessed towards the end of the week to ascertain the next steps, taking into account the national and location status. In the meantime, to ensure that this stretch of work-from-home turns out to be successful, the following guidelines (SOP) have been designed, which all employees are expected to adhere to:
- All meetings (Sync Ups, Meetings, etc) which are scheduled daily for Tech, Biz, AM, HR should continue the same way without any exceptions.
- All tasks have to be planned at the beginning of the day and to be adhered to.
- There will be a specific timing which will be followed by all employees for punch-in and punch-out i.e. from 11 AM to 8 PM. Any issues towards the same for the employees coming to the office please let your reporting managers know right away.
- All daily meetings will be handled via Zoom. Request every one of you to install the free Zoom account to join the meetings. Any TL’s who are unable to add maximum employees please get in touch with Vivek at the earliest possible.
- The HR team will collate and share the contact details of everyone on a shared sheet. While not a primary mode of communication, everyone is required to be responsive on mobiles as well, especially for high priority situations.
- All responses send via Mattermost have to be acknowledged and replied to within 10 minutes. If you are stepping away from the system, remember to inform your team and anyone else concerned accordingly.
- Anyone unwell can apply for an off for that particular day rather than working from home.
- All TL’s (Both Biz and Tech) will be having a daily meeting to assess the situation and to figure out if there is anything that is working/not working and identify changes, if needed, to achieve a positive and desired output.
- All teams have to enable the Raven BOT in their public & private channels. This is to ensure the tasks assigned to individuals are been taken care of during the day. @TL’s, please look into the same and do the needful for your respective teams.
- The end of the day will be considered at 6 PM. To ensure timely communication with our clients, irrespective of whatever time you all log in at if any commitment is given internally for a task to be completed at the end of the day, it will be considered as 6 PM and not anytime beyond that. Request every one of you to adhere to the same.
For this work-from-home to be successful employees shouldn’t postpone meetings, campaigns, and regular work to a later date but use digital tools available to collaborate and work effectively.
Also, remember to wash your hands thoroughly, use a hand sanitizer, and avoid touching your faces as much as possible. Stay safe!!!