Before, uncovering the whole process you need to have a clear idea about the requirement of web crawling in this neo-modern business world.
As an information, both web crawling and web scraping have their reach over the internet as the building blocks of all the search engines like Google or Yahoo with a sole purpose of building a colossal index for the web searchers. With the passage of time, world wide web evolved and the purpose of web crawling changed.
Now, web data designs the future of this world and without web scraping, it is next to impossible. Thus, the world is pretty inclined to learn and employ these futuristic technologies to build a sharper future.
Ok. Let’s get to the focus of this article.
Extracting data from multiple websites has been a gray area for most of the people. Here are a few cases when users are on a quest for a web crawling agency or a web data extraction provider :
1. When a specific set of data is needed to be extracted from a targeted website.
2. When there is a need of data extraction from multiple websites in one go, as it can’t be done manually, or may lack the resources to do so.
3. Extract unstructured data from a website and dump those data sets on an excel sheet. Everyone understands spreadsheets and are comfortable using them instead of a usual XML (though XML is far more robust and integrates much more easily than CSV and XLS).
4. When users wish to extract data from other sites. It’s absolutely legal to do so, and can help you make huge savings on your resources. Most sites guard any easy access to their databases.
5. When users want to extract data from an active directory to excel. Active directory is a directory service implemented by Microsoft for Windows domain networks.