Before, uncovering the whole process you need to have a clear idea about the requirement of web crawling in this neo-modern business world.
As an information, both web crawling and web scraping have their reach over the internet as the building blocks of all the search engines like Google or Yahoo with a sole purpose of building a colossal index for the web searchers. With the passage of time, world wide web evolved and the purpose of web crawling changed.
Now, web data designs the future of this world and without web scraping, it is next to impossible. Thus, the world is pretty inclined to learn and employ these futuristic technologies to build a sharper future.
Ok. Let’s get to the focus of this article.
Extracting data from multiple websites has been a gray area for most of the people. Here are a few cases when users are on a quest for a web crawling agency or a web data extraction provider :
1. When a specific set of data is needed to be extracted from a targeted website.
2. When there is a need of data extraction from multiple websites in one go, as it can’t be done manually, or may lack the resources to do so.
3. Extract unstructured data from a website and dump those data sets on an excel sheet. Everyone understands spreadsheets and are comfortable using them instead of a usual XML (though XML is far more robust and integrates much more easily than CSV and XLS).
4. When users wish to extract data from other sites. It’s absolutely legal to do so, and can help you make huge savings on your resources. Most sites guard any easy access to their databases.
5. When users want to extract data from an active directory to excel. Active directory is a directory service implemented by Microsoft for Windows domain networks.
7. When users target and want to learn about, how to extract data from blogs? Lately, blogging has emerged as a unique social medium, usually based on multiple platforms and having complex structures. We facilitate monitoring of multiple blogs, news sites and other news sources in almost real-time through our low-latency offering. We also enable our clients to extract specific data from multiple blogs – though we do this only on a large-scale.
8. When users want to extract data from a flash website. Admittedly, this is one of the most tricky subjects, still it is not impossible.
9. When users wish to extract data from Facebook page. Facebook pages, that are publicly viewable, are not easy for data extraction.
10. When users prefer to get data extracted from Facebook groups, this again, is publicly available information that Facebook allows to be crawled.
11. Google Maps is a geographical data hub of this world and at times users want to crawl and extract data from Google Maps. A lot of data on the combination of routes, distances, addresses is available over there.
12. They want to extract data from HTML. Plain and simple data extraction.
13. When decision makers from different enterprises want to extract data from LinkedIn as it is the world’s biggest professional network and a goldmine of information on working professionals available online.
14. When users like to extract data from multiple XML files or XML feeds as they are structured data formats and can be very useful in the whole process of data extraction. Added to this, they are also much more robust than the traditional file formats.
15. When other alike stores want to extract data from OLX. Local community sites such as OLX and Quikr are very popular nowadays and present a lot of data on which insights can be drawn. No wonder it’s a target for most people who can use this data profitably.
16. When both regular users and interested enterprises want to extract data from Twitter. If the information and the speed of its spreading are concerned, then twitter is still an unparalleled social tool. Twitter allows users access to its data through its API and Firehose, which can help get large volumes of data. Though it has empanelled only a few partners for access to this data – Data-sift and GNIP.
17. A lot of people want to tap into the mammoth video site Youtube for data and they want to extract data from youtube.com
18. Some people wish to crawl classified sites to extract data.
19. When this business world looks for extracting data from the ever gaining sea of webpages into a database for their use, like, contact details, (emails, telephone numbers, addresses, company designations etc.) or product reviews on e-commerce websites, pricing information, tweets, pins and statuses. This list is certainly an endless one as with each passing second, the web is getting heavy with data and at the same time the data harnessing processes are getting matured in the data retrieval process.
With a given situation and a seed list of sources from which data is to be crawled, PromptCloud can help you extract data from multiple sources. It doesn’t matter whether these sources contain structured or unstructured data, we can get you the results in a neat, structured format. To discuss your data extraction needs, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use any of the contact methods on this website.