Sr. DevOps Engineer – Full time
PromptCloud is looking for a Sr. DevOps engineer who will ensure 100% availability and reliability of our service. He/she will also help the company make optimized infrastructural choices and will be responsible for creating and implement tools that manage infrastructure.
Responsibilities and expectations
- Ensure 100% availability and reliability of our service.
- Help the company make optimized infrastructural choices.
- Create and implement tools that manage infrastructure.
- Work independently and end-to-end with minimal guidance.
- Should be able to handle a team and mandatory to have leadership skills.
On the systems side:
- Experience with Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Graphite and related tools for large-scale systems management is a must.
- 3-5 years of experience as DevOps engineer.
- Good understanding of architecture and tradeoffs in distributed computing environments.
- Should be hands on and have had prior experience with systems role as well as dev stack.
- Experience working with linux system monitoring and analysis.
- Replication of databases (both relational or NoSQL) across geographical regions using various consistency models.
- Experience with package management systems such as APT or RPM.
- Open to working non-standard hours in critical situations.
On the development side: Basic coding/scripting ability in Ruby, Python or any other scripting language. Write clean, elegant and reusable OO code. This is not a system admin job. But more of a platforms engineer role. Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code and good documentation skills. Some understanding of REST and other web technologies is a plus.
- Supportive and creative work environment
- Daily lunch
- 20 Annual leaves per year
- Flexible working hours
- Employee recognition and awards
- Wellness program that includes partial-paid gym membership and fully-paid health insurance
- Coffee and snacks (of course)
Where we are at PromptCloud:
We are a bootstrapped company in the mid-growth phase and are planning to quickly expand (not much in terms of personnel) but heavily with respect to the solutions and global coverage of our clients.