Software Engineer II – Full time
As a Software Engineer with PromptCloud, you will be responsible for building large-scale web crawling setups that work on our proprietary infrastructure which churns out hundreds of millions of data records every month. To handle data at this scale, we use cutting-edge open source technologies for large-scale data processing like Hadoop, Spark, Redis, MySQL, RabbitMQ, NoSQL Databases and various cloud services like AWS, GCE depending upon specific needs. We are not tied to one technology. Instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. All of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic large scale distributed data processing architecture.
Work is generally technically deep and demanding, however, that will lead you to have hands-on experience in the latest data crawling and processing technologies and will be working on some truly exciting projects with exceptional colleagues.
Responsibilities and expectations
- – Ability to work on and be able to identify issues in or improve core infra components related to job scheduling, multi, queuing system etc is needed.
- – Working with the existing and new web crawlers.
- – In due course, proficiency to deal with and handle large amount of data and scale is needed.
- – Analyze business needs and implementation approaches and deliver high-quality applications.
- – Work collaboratively with team members to complete the projects on time.
- – Work independently and end-to-end with minimal guidance.
- – Deliver successfully on all aspects of the product lifecycle.
- – Write well-designed, robust, efficient and testable code.
- – Develop and implement new software components to our existing web crawl platform
- – Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- – Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- – Create scalable, automated solutions for our customer base.
- – Code refactoring and review.
- – B.Tech/M.Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology or BE/ME in CS/IT.
- – 2-3 years of professional Software development experience.
- – Ability to write clean, functional code in Java, C, Python/Perl/Ruby.
- – Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code.
- – Sound knowledge of Algorithms and OOP concepts.
- – Must have good understanding of software design concepts in large systems.
- – Supportive and creative work environment
- – Daily lunch
- – 20 Annual leaves per year
- – Flexible working hours
- – Employee recognition and awards
- – Wellness program that includes partial-paid gym membership and fully-paid health insurance
- – Coffee and snacks (of course)
Where we are at PromptCloud:
We are a bootstrapped company in the mid-growth phase and are planning to quickly expand (not much in terms of personnel) but heavily with respect to the solutions and global coverage of our clients.