Ruby on Rails Developer – Full time
We’re a team of high-tech Engineers working on fresh big data problems. An integral part of our offerings is web-scale crawl and extraction using cloud computing and machine learning techniques. We’re on a quest for innovative ways to solve the business problems of data acquisition and normalization on the web. Our vision is to make PromptCloud a one-stop brand for data and our growth is geared towards that.
Where we are at PromptCloud- We are a bootstrapped company in the mid-growth phase and are planning to quickly expand (not much in terms of personnel) but heavily with respect to the solutions we can provide to big data problems in the market. We started off with international clients and we have pretty much covered the globe at that.
We’re looking for a Sr. Ruby on Rails developer to take over various responsibilities in design and development of rails application. The role involves client side as well as server side expertise.
What PromptCloud expects for this role:
– 3-5 years of experience working with Ruby on Rails (or Django) and MVC.
– Must be proficient in HTML5, CSS3, JS, jQuery, AJAX, and other web technologies.
– Experience working with Linux.
– Comfortable with both backend and frontend development in MVC stack.
– Should be willing to work independently and take end-to-end ownership with minimal guidance.
– Mentoring skills, since it is SSE role.
– Experience with Ansible/chef, app deployment and HA is desirable.
Applicants having the following skills will be given preference:
– Knowledge of open source tools such as Firebug, Chrome developer tools
– Experience working with Twitter Bootstrap & Node.JS
– Work independently and end-to-end with minimal guidance
– Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code
– Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills
– Must have great design and good documentation skills
– A supportive and creative work environment
– Subsidized Daily lunch
– 20 Annual leaves per year
– Flexible working hours
– Employee recognition and awards
– Wellness program that includes partial-paid gym membership and fully-paid health insurance
– Coffee and snacks (of course)