DevOps Engineer – Full time
We’re a team of high-tech Engineers working on fresh big data problems. An integral part of our offerings is web-scale crawl and extraction using cloud computing and machine learning techniques. We’re on a quest for innovative ways to solve the business problems of data acquisition and normalization on the web. Our vision is to make PromptCloud a one-stop brand for data and our growth is geared towards that.
Where we are at PromptCloud- We are a bootstrapped company in the mid-growth phase and are planning to quickly expand (not much in terms of personnel) but heavily with respect to the solutions we can provide to big data problems in the market. We started off with international clients and we have pretty much covered the globe at that.
– Ensure 100% availability and reliability of our service,
– Help the company make optimized infrastructural choices.
– Create and implement tools that manage infrastructure.
– Work independently and end-to-end with minimal guidance.
On the system side
– Experience with Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Git, Graphite and related tools for large-scale systems management
– Experience working with linux system monitoring and analysis
– Good understanding of distributed computing environments
– Open to working non-standard hours in critical situations
– Replication of databases (both relational or NoSQL) across geographical regions using various consistency models
– Experience with package management systems such as APT or RPM
On the development side
– Basic coding/scripting ability in Ruby, Python or any other scripting language
– Write clean, elegant and reusable OO code. This is not a sysadmin job.
– Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code and good documentation skills
– Some understanding of REST and other web technologies is a plus.
– The ideal candidate for this position should have good attention to details, along with excellent time-management, multi-tasking, communication and interpersonal skills.
What you will receive:
– Truckloads of learning
– Friendly environment and a culture for growth
– Collaboratively solving exciting challenges with smart minds around
– Busy days and busier nights that you won’t regret
– All things good or great at any bootstrapped company