Synchronizing Sports data across channels
Nikhil Sareen, a senior content manager at a leading sports channel, was facing the heat from the senior management. They were launching a new website under Nikhil’s supervision which would act as a live aggregator of all the Wimbledon Tournament’s scores and player history. They had spent a lot of effort, time and money into getting the platform ready, but their database was still not complete, mostly due to technical inefficiencies. With the Wimbledon Tournament almost about to begin, the task seemed dauntingly difficult to accomplish by the end of deadline. Hence, Nikhil had a decision to make, hire an entire new team of data miners or outsource this job to a Web Crawling service provider. He eventually chose the latter.
How did PromptCloud Help?
- We helped collect keyword specific data and site specific data from multiple sites and compile them into a single structured data set
- From the websites, we processed the combo boxes correctly and iterated the extraction for player histories and teams via states and scores and other details.
- We followed links on the event results score data for that team and then got the team information.
- We generated separate CSV files for team data and game data.
Benefits to the client
- Any changes within the source sites were taken care of and clients were abstracted from such issues
- Any changes with respect to schema was done as requested
- Other categories could be added as per changing requirements
- Productivity increased since the data team could work on other projects. Client expanded into other verticals
- Low turnaround time of data improved the ability to market client’s services and capabilities
- Value addition from the project was 50 times the spend
- Data quality levels had increased alarmingly without any time investment from the team
Thus, we gained a long term client by accommodating their technology back end and providing them ready to use data in one go.
Have any such requirements for data aggregation in your firm? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or just Get Started