Client:A popular automobile manufacturer from Germany
Offering:Site-specific crawl and extraction
The client wanted to monitor social media sites like Twitter and Instagram for any mentions of their brand and product names. In the event of finding a mention, they wanted to extract the post content along with the details like post URL, profile username, number of likes, comments, retweets and hashtags used.
The client provided us with the social media sites to be monitored and the list of keywords to look for. Twitter and Instagram were the social media platforms to be monitored. Since the requirement was brand monitoring, the sites had to be crawled in a frequency of daily. Our team programmed web crawlers to crawl and find instances of the keywords provided by the client and extract the required data points upon finding them. Since Twitter and Instagram have their own APIs, we used them for extracting the data. This particular use case comes under site specific crawl and extraction since the setup is specific to the site to be crawled. The client chose to get the data delivered in JSON format. The initial setup was complete within 3 days and the data started flowing in. As per the client’s preference, the data was directly being uploaded to their S3 servers. We started delivering all records of Twitter/Instagram posts with mentions of client’s brand and product names on a daily basis.
- Client didn’t have to be involved in any of the complicated aspects of web crawling
- The initial setup was completed in just 3 days and there was a steady flow of data thereafter
- Monitoring mechanisms were set up in order to spot any changes in the source websites which needed modification of the crawler
- Large amounts of data was handled effortlessly by our extensive tech stack
- The client was able to gain deep customer sentiments from the social media data
- The cost of the whole process came out to be much cheaper than what an in-house crawling setup would have costed them. Compare the cost using our ROI calculator
Disclaimer: All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.