Getting on-demand data has become extremely crucial now that big data has turned into an integral component of business intelligence. Although there are several ways through which you can acquire data, not every method is easy and straightforward. Data extraction is complicated and demands strong technical skills. This is exactly what CrawlBoard (data extraction management platform) was made for – making data extraction simpler and better. Here are some ways by which CrawlBoard does its magic.
Quickstart the project
Starting a project on Crawlboard is easy. Once you have signed up, all it takes is a few clicks to kick-start your first project by adding the sites. With our integrated ticketing system, you get all the updates like feasibility reports and data upload notifications in real time.
Monitor your data consumption
You don’t have to fret over data uploads. Every record sent to you is being tracked and updated in your account dashboard, visually. You can see your data in the form of a graph, eliminating the need for manually checking every data file.
We understand how dealing with huge chunks of data can be intimidating. This is why we focused on making the CrawlBoard user interface as simple and streamlined as it can be. It makes sure that you won’t face any bottlenecks while getting started with your data extraction project.
Fast and secure invoicing
Your payments are secured using the best in class payment gateways and security features. The invoicing system is integrated into CrawlBoard and can automatically generate the invoice depending on your data consumption. Payments can be made using credit cards.
How to crawl a web page using CrawlBoard
1. Head over to CrawlBoard and sign up with your company email address.
2. Enter a unique name for your Sitegroup. All sites within a sitegroup should be of the same structure.
3. Enter the data points that you need to extract in the ‘Fields to extract’ box. Use commas to separate the data points.
4. Enter at least one sample page URL where the data points are available and click ‘Next’.
5. Select your preferred data delivery format using the radio button and choose a frequency for crawling.
6. Choose the delivery method that’s most suited for you. You have the option to choose one between PromptCloud API, Amazon S3, Dropbox, FTP or box. You will be prompted to enter the necessary credentials for any third party service that you opt for to receive data through. Once done, click ‘Next’.
7. Enter any additional information that you want us to know in the ‘Further description’ box. You can also opt for extra services like Image downloads, Expedited delivery, Hosted indexing and File merging on this page.
8. Finally, click on ‘Send for feasibility check’.
You will receive an email notification as soon as the feasibility check is completed along with all the necessary information on proceeding further with the project.